Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Recipe: Mini Corn Dogs

Ever since I received a mini-muffin pan for Christmas, I have been OBSESSED with making everything, well, MINI. I won't even touch my regular muffin pan. So, to kick off the first of many "mini" recipes, I had this post planned for awhile now. Then a couple days ago, I popped on over to my favorite foodie blog, Iowa Girl Eats, and what did I find? THE SAME RECIPE! AHHH!

I will admit, I've made several of her recipes, and do get inspiration from her blog time-to-time, but this was just UNCANNY. I thought about not posting my recipe because it just seemed too fishy (not actually fishy, but you know....). Upon further investigation, I realized they weren't quite the same, so I don't feel like I'm stealing her idea, even if it appears like I am :) 

Plus, my version is way easier - BONUS!

So I present to you, my not-ripped-off, uber-easy recipe for....

Mini Corn Dogs

The Stuff
1 package Jiffy cornbread mix
1 T. brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 C. milk
1/2 C. cheddar cheese
4-5 hot dogs, cut into bite-sized pieces.

The Sauce
Ketchup. Or Catsup. Or however you want to spell it.

The Stir
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk the egg and milk in a medium-sized bowl, then combine the Jiffy mix, brown sugar, and cheese. Using a spoon, scoop mixture into a well-greased mini-muffin pan, filling each about 1/2 to 2/3 full. Add hot dog pieces until each cup is basically full (how many pieces you add to each cup will depend on how large or small you cut the hot dogs). Pop 'em in the oven for 10-12 minutes, although it could take less time so check periodically for the muffins to start lightly browning. Yield= 24 mini-muffins, or you can use a regular, 12-cup muffin pan at 400 degrees for 14-18 minutes....but why would you want to!

0 comments:

Post a Comment